Sunday, February 07, 2010

Beginning of a brand new year with homeless by the end of the year

After almost 2 months of 2010 have passed, it was like never ending nightmares where I could not get myself out of the nightmares. Last year December 2009, that was when I started to have this nightmare. A real true nightmare that even now I could not get myself out of it. It was one real bad news that causing me to suffer from depression.
Here, is how the nightmare goes: I received a call from my youngest sister stating that she received a lawyer letter wanting us to evacuate from our house by the end of Jan 31 2010. My siblings n I were traumatized and shocked after reading the content of the letter, as followed:




2 weeks before Chinese New Year? How can we moved out in such short notice plus where are we going to move to? This "developer" or I would say the irresponsible board of director of SMJK Heng Ee did not mention or release any notice. Fortunately a few weeks before CNY the board of director called out a meeting and delayed the demolishing period or else I will be homeless for this CNY.

During the meeting, the board of director discussed on the matter of the compensation but so far the school could not decide on what to compensate us as they expected us to move out of the land peacefully and they can get the land without compensating us anything or at the lowest cost.
The director was paranoid enough saying that we did not sacrifice anything for the future chinese studies prospect and expecting to get a 3 rooms house. Rumors were spread saying that they only give us RM20K for the compensation. If this rumors is true RM20K will never going to be enough as the price for a normal 3 rooms house required at least RM80K.

Is it what an educator should be doing, by demolishing people house and let people or even the older generation people to be homeless or add another burden to maintain another new loan for the new house?

According to an article from a press, this school wanted to upgrade their school into college. As this news was spread, the neighbors were complaining that how come the school have the money to upgrade but doesn"t have the sum to compensate us? Hence, the school immediately changes their plan to use the land to make parking lot.

I realize that we could not do anything as the government already sold the land to Heng Ee high school. But can the board of the school at least be nice by giving us a small house that we can call home and lets not accusing the neighbors(us) for not scarifying anything for the sake of the future of the Chinese studies.

We sacrificed our home, although it's wooden, but we have 5 bedrooms, 3 toilets, and 2 living rooms, plus plenty of parking space. Plus with this demolishing going on, a lot of us will be homeless, not mentioning the older generations. Chinese cultures that we practicing since our great grandmother's generations will all be demolished together along with the house.
Like for myself, how can i afford a new house and continue the practice of Chinese culture while I'm just only a fresh grad?

Besides this, I knew that all these while the only person that held on to this family is my granny and now that she is gone, nobody is the family has the strong determination in holding the family together. Every one in the family was thinking on how to get their benefits from this family, even the 20k they wouldn't mind to divide it and get only a few thousand. Some in the family was saying "let's divide the money and we can go one our way".. while others were like " I wanted this and I wanted that". I was so upset that I could not stand bursting into tears. How can a family be unite in defending the only memory that granny left for us? That house was full of granny and our memories.

What should I do or we do just to have a place we call home?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.